COVID-19 Cancellation

The cancellation letter from Central Coordinator Bill Omand.  May 1, 2020

Hello BCFFC Families.

It is with a heavy heart that I’m writing to let you know that BCFFC 2020 has been officially cancelled due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.. 

Although there has been some great news in the last few weeks with Canada’s efforts in stopping the spread of this disease, it will not be possible to run BCFFC this Summer.

Please believe me, we did not take this decision lightly. We pondered every angle and possibility to try and run our camp. 

With little known about restrictions for the Summer, or where this pandemic will be in the future, we are confident that this decision is the right one to keep our families safe and do our part in stopping the spread of COVID-19.

If you have already registered we have a couple options for you in regards to the cancellation;

Option 1) We will suspend your reservation for this year and carry over your deposit to 2021. Choosing this option will give you a chance to register when committee members register (even before early registration).  In addition, but not having to refund all the credit card transactions, it will save BCFFC the cost of processing your camp payments twice, once this year and then again next year.  This is the preferred option, and if we don’t hear from you, this will be the default option.

Option 2) We recognize that some families may need their money back to help get through these challenging times, while other families may already know now that they won’t return to camp next year. If that applies to you, we will cancel your reservation for this year and refund your entire deposit on your credit card. During the cancellation process, we will also give you the option to donate a “cancellation fee” to help cover
credit card processing fees already incurred by BCFFC if you wish to do so. For this cancellation option, please contact your local camp Registrar at and we will process your requests as soon as we can.
Again, we hope to see you all at camp next summer, so the best option for BCFFC is Option 1 as it means less cost for the committee to have to absorb, and less work for the registrars in processing refund requests.  

BCFFC 2021

With this decision behind us we are now already starting to plan BCFFC 2021 and there are a lot of exciting things happening.

– New site for Shuswap camp! Our local Shuswap committee has been working really hard to find a replacement location for Pierre’s Point. There are a few great options and we will be communicating about that as soon as we make final decisions and agreements are in place.

– Program Director Saule will be back for 2021! We’re really excited to see Saule’s ideas come to fruition.- New dates (see below)

Camp Dates 2021
Central BC (Shuswap) Week 1 – July 10-17
Central BC (Shuswap) Week 2 – July 17-24
Gwillim Lake – July 31Aug 7
Vancouver Island Week 1 – Aug 14-21
Vancouver Island Week 2 – Aug 21-28

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact any of our committee members or reach out to me directly.

We will miss seeing you all this Summer. Stay safe and healthy!  Looking forward to a renewed energy in 2021!!
Stay safe.

Bill Omand
Central Coordinator, President
BC Family French Camp