Camp activities to look forward to (this schedule can change a bit with the exception of Wednesday day off from program):
There is so much to look forward to at Gwillim Lake! Here is an example schedule based on past camps.
Please remember that nothing is “written in stone” at Gwillim. Two things that never change is the 9:15
am JAVA at the main firepit for parents and the location of the message board. Attend the daily coffee
meeting and check the message board for regular updates.
- 12 noon — 5:00 p.m. Registration at the Log Shelter (first structure on your left as you approach the site). Please do not come any earlier than 12pm. If you know you will be later than 5pm, please let the Registrar know. Committee members will be there to help you find your home for the week.
- At registration you will receive a welcome package, site number and a lottery volunteer job duty. Cash only merchandise is also available for purchase.
- 6:00 p.m. Chili Social at the main firepit.
- 7:00 p.m. Counselor welcome and skit.
- 9:00 p.m. Adult only Wine and Cheese (Meet and Greet) at the Log Shelter. Bring a snack and beverage to share. See you there!
Sunday – Monday -Tuesday – Thursday – Friday
- 9:00 a.m. Announcements and programs begin
- 9:15 a.m. Coffee and messages for parents at the main firepit.
- 11:45 a.m. Children return to your campsite for lunch.
- 1:30 p.m. Afternoon programs begin.
- 4:00 p.m. Programs end and children return to their campsites.
- 7:00 p.m. Check Message Board daily for special event times (e.g. Night games, campfires, skits).
- A Day off from program — explore the area or just sit back and relax.
- Check out time is 12:00 pm. Please be out of your site by this time
- Chili Social
- Communal Dessert Night (bring a dessert to share)
- Québécois Night
- Evening Family Game Night
- Light show
- Parents vs Moniteur Rabasca Race
- Teepee sleepout
- Parents vs Moniteur Volleyball Game
- Communal Roast Beef Supper (bring a side, salad or dessert to share)
- Open parent/family climbing wall and canoeing time