Camp activities to look forward to:
- 1 p.m. — 5:00 p.m. Check in with the Camp Registrar. Registration happens outside the gates of Living Forest. Please have all paperwork completed. All forms will be placed on the download page prior to camp. You will not be given your site until Personal Health Forms and Consent, Assumption of Risks, and Release Forms are handed in and all outstanding monies are paid. If arriving after 5 p.m., check in at the Camp Manager’s site.
- Set up and explore, check your child’s group/Moniteur at the covered picnic area (aka the Coffee Tent).
- 4:00 p.m. Bike Rodeo – All campers are asked to bring their bike to the grassy field for a bike rodeo and safety check.
- 7:00 p.m. Welcome campfire at the group area.
- 8:30 p.m. Teen Program (Les Coureurs des Bois, Les Aventuriers and Les Créatifs) program parent’s meeting. All Teen Program parents must attend.
- 9:00 p.m. Wine and Cheese (adults only please) in the lounge by Living Forest Office
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- 9:00 a.m. Meet at the group area to drop children off for program.
- 9:15 a.m. Daily parent meetings at the Coffee Tent. Please attend daily as important information is relayed.
- 11:45 a.m. Kids home for lunch. Pick kids up from program
- 1:30 p.m. Meet again at the group area to drop children off for program.
- 4:00 p.m. Kids are dismissed for the day – pick kids up from program.
- 5:00 p.m. On Friday, meet at group area for the communal dinner
- 7:00 p.m. Meet at the group area for skits or evening family games. Friday night is the Grand Finale, along with t-shirt signing (remember to wear or bring your t-shirt).
- Daytime – Day off for everyone to explore the local Island attractions or just relax at camp!
- Evening – Volleyball, communal dessert
- 11:00 a.m. Check-out time
Highlights for the Week!!
- Communal Dessert on Sunday Night
- Québécois Night on Tuesday night
- Invite a Moniteur to eat
- Kids’ Sleep-out Under the Stars on Tuesday night. Bring your tarps!
- Parent/Moniteur sport night — bring your wacky costumes!
- Parent vs. Moniteur volleyball game
- Evening Family Games
- Parent meeting — this will happen on Friday morning at 9:15 a.m. Please attend! This is where we get your feedback on camp!
Times of activities are posted at the Coffee Tent, and will be announced daily.
Program Highlights for Vancouver Island
The program may change slightly from year to year based on numbers, availability and weather but here is a general overview of the programs at Vancouver Island Camp:
- Regular Program — a day at the beach (for children who have completed kindergarten to grade 6 prior to camp), bicycle trip to the local aquatic centre and rock climBing at an indoor climbing wall (for children who have completed grades 5 and 6 prior to camp).
- Les Créatifs — Overnight camp out on at Newcastle Island with Adventuriers group, Wild Play ropes course adventure, art-based program for those not wanting to be away from camp too much.
- Adventurier — WildPlay ropes course adventure, 2 day overnight Cycling trip on Gabriola, overnight kayaking trip to Newcaslte Island.
- Les Coureur de Bois — WildPlay ropes course adventure, 2 day overnight Cycling trip on Gabriola, overnight kayaking trip to Newcaslte Island.